So Kanye’s a Douche… What Else is New?
For starters, what in the world was Kanye thinking? Just when I was starting to give him a chance with his new album, he proved to be the same idiot he’s always been. Poor kid Swift lost her “first moonman moment” because Kanye doesn’t know when to take his face out of Jay-Z’s ass. He wrote an “apology” (below) on his blog, but even that is a joke. He’s clearly not sorry for what he did, and is in fact trying to justify it by reiterating that Beyonce was better, and implying that Swift should give her award to Beyonce because she’s not good enough to have won. Get over it Kanye.
And need I mention how obnoxious “Single Ladies” is? Not only that, but the video sucks. Beyonce seriously looks like she has tourettes with her annoying dance moves. Oh and I’m still trying to figure out how she went from being a “Survivor” to “I’m going to cater to you” and now “put a ring on it.” Identity crisis much?
Now that we have that established, let’s get down to a few other random observations from the 2009 VMA awards:
1) I thought Russell Brand was awful last year, but he managed to top it this year with his continued remarks about politics. Can you please leave that out of the awards ceremony and just stick to your job? Last thing I need is some guy who doesn’t know anything about politics endorsing things on national television, especially without equal representation from both sides.
2) What was up with Beyonce’s sister’s hair? (Or lack there of) I guess the L’oreal commercials weren’t working out for her?
3) How many times has Jay-Z retired already? 3? 4? Who knows? He’s almost 40 yet he’s still going with the ass- hanging-out-of-pants look. And what is up with the song they were singing about New York? It’s like they’re trying too hard. Oh and was that Lil Mama who randomly popped up on stage and left at the end? Ghetto.
4) Why are half the people performing outside? This year the stage was big enough to perform inside.
5) Lady Gaga. Need I say more?
6) Was Madonna trying to pull a Brooke Shields? Her speech sucked.
7) What’s with the endorsement of some MJ documentary coming out in October? It’s so sad how so many people are trying to make a profit out of his death. They didn’t respect him when he was alive, but now all of a sudden everyone thinks he’s God. Such hypocrites.
Okay well I’m done for now. What did you all think about the show?