Archive for the ‘Celebrities’ Category
The Royal Wedding was today. So, do you want to know how to win a prince’s heart, or, at least how Kate Middleton did?
1) Take your clothes off.
2) Wear black lace panties under a see through skirt.
3) Wear the see through skirt as a dress.
That’s it! Yes, she planned it all. Yes, she had a boyfriend at the time, which is pretty shady. Nonetheless, I did like her wedding dress!
(Picture from her college fashion show which Prince William attended.)
“Dirty Dancing” and “Ghost” star Patick Swayze passed away today after a two-year battle with pancreatic cancer. The 57 year-old had just re-lauched his career with the A&E drama “The Beast.” His family was by his side during his last few moments. May he rest in peace.
For starters, what in the world was Kanye thinking? Just when I was starting to give him a chance with his new album, he proved to be the same idiot he’s always been. Poor kid Swift lost her “first moonman moment” because Kanye doesn’t know when to take his face out of Jay-Z’s ass. He wrote an “apology” (below) on his blog, but even that is a joke. He’s clearly not sorry for what he did, and is in fact trying to justify it by reiterating that Beyonce was better, and implying that Swift should give her award to Beyonce because she’s not good enough to have won. Get over it Kanye.
And need I mention how obnoxious “Single Ladies” is? Not only that, but the video sucks. Beyonce seriously looks like she has tourettes with her annoying dance moves. Oh and I’m still trying to figure out how she went from being a “Survivor” to “I’m going to cater to you” and now “put a ring on it.” Identity crisis much?
Now that we have that established, let’s get down to a few other random observations from the 2009 VMA awards:
1) I thought Russell Brand was awful last year, but he managed to top it this year with his continued remarks about politics. Can you please leave that out of the awards ceremony and just stick to your job? Last thing I need is some guy who doesn’t know anything about politics endorsing things on national television, especially without equal representation from both sides.
2) What was up with Beyonce’s sister’s hair? (Or lack there of) I guess the L’oreal commercials weren’t working out for her?
3) How many times has Jay-Z retired already? 3? 4? Who knows? He’s almost 40 yet he’s still going with the ass- hanging-out-of-pants look. And what is up with the song they were singing about New York? It’s like they’re trying too hard. Oh and was that Lil Mama who randomly popped up on stage and left at the end? Ghetto.
4) Why are half the people performing outside? This year the stage was big enough to perform inside.
5) Lady Gaga. Need I say more?
6) Was Madonna trying to pull a Brooke Shields? Her speech sucked.
7) What’s with the endorsement of some MJ documentary coming out in October? It’s so sad how so many people are trying to make a profit out of his death. They didn’t respect him when he was alive, but now all of a sudden everyone thinks he’s God. Such hypocrites.
Okay well I’m done for now. What did you all think about the show?
According to People.com, a coroner in Tampa, Florida, announced today that Mays died from pulmonary embolism. “Evidence of heart disease was also found.”
I really think that the fact that his plane’s tire blew out the night of also plays a significant role. He’s 50, not in his best shape, something terrifying happens, he psyches himself out despite the fact that he tries to play it cool, and in the end it gets the best of him.
May he rest in peace.
First it was Ed McMahon, then the two Armenian actors Aram and Gegham, followed by Farrah Fawcet and MJ. But now, Billy Mays joins the group, having passed away at the age of 50.
Billy Mays was pronounced dead at 7:45 A.M. today, next to his wife, Deborah. Mays had just returned from Philadelphia, where he shot a new OxiClean commercial. The irony of the story is that he had just landed from a plane which had suffered a blown tire. “He told a local TV station, ‘All of a sudden as we hit you know it was just the hardest hit, all the things from the ceiling started dropping. It hit me on the head, but I got a hard head.'”
Mays was doing fine when he returned home, but his wife stated that he wasn’t feeling well at night. He was going to have his fourth hip replacement on Monday. An autopsy is due by tomorrow afternoon.