Archive for the ‘Music’ Category
For starters, what in the world was Kanye thinking? Just when I was starting to give him a chance with his new album, he proved to be the same idiot he’s always been. Poor kid Swift lost her “first moonman moment” because Kanye doesn’t know when to take his face out of Jay-Z’s ass. He wrote an “apology” (below) on his blog, but even that is a joke. He’s clearly not sorry for what he did, and is in fact trying to justify it by reiterating that Beyonce was better, and implying that Swift should give her award to Beyonce because she’s not good enough to have won. Get over it Kanye.
And need I mention how obnoxious “Single Ladies” is? Not only that, but the video sucks. Beyonce seriously looks like she has tourettes with her annoying dance moves. Oh and I’m still trying to figure out how she went from being a “Survivor” to “I’m going to cater to you” and now “put a ring on it.” Identity crisis much?
Now that we have that established, let’s get down to a few other random observations from the 2009 VMA awards:
1) I thought Russell Brand was awful last year, but he managed to top it this year with his continued remarks about politics. Can you please leave that out of the awards ceremony and just stick to your job? Last thing I need is some guy who doesn’t know anything about politics endorsing things on national television, especially without equal representation from both sides.
2) What was up with Beyonce’s sister’s hair? (Or lack there of) I guess the L’oreal commercials weren’t working out for her?
3) How many times has Jay-Z retired already? 3? 4? Who knows? He’s almost 40 yet he’s still going with the ass- hanging-out-of-pants look. And what is up with the song they were singing about New York? It’s like they’re trying too hard. Oh and was that Lil Mama who randomly popped up on stage and left at the end? Ghetto.
4) Why are half the people performing outside? This year the stage was big enough to perform inside.
5) Lady Gaga. Need I say more?
6) Was Madonna trying to pull a Brooke Shields? Her speech sucked.
7) What’s with the endorsement of some MJ documentary coming out in October? It’s so sad how so many people are trying to make a profit out of his death. They didn’t respect him when he was alive, but now all of a sudden everyone thinks he’s God. Such hypocrites.
Okay well I’m done for now. What did you all think about the show?
“Michael Jackson helped me accept the fact that I am African American.”
–Random African American lady on the news.
Okay wow, that is very cruel for someone to be spreading that around the internet. People are disgusting.
It has officially been confirmed that Michael Jackson passed away at UCLA Medical Center due to cardiac arrest.
This is such a tragic shock, especially since it was just yesterday that I pulled out his album of Number One Hits. I’ve done countless dance routines to his songs because they’re all so incredibly good. Traffic was piling up just as I was leaving UCLA, and I’m glad I left when I did because Westwood, Le Conte, and most of the streets are all closed down because of media and fans.
It’s really sad, two amazing stars, both Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson, both dead within hours from each other. Jackson had also recently reported that he was excited to perform at his final tour, ensuring fans that he loved them and that it would indeed be his last time performing on stage.
How are you handling the news?
Just moments ago, “King of Pop” Michael Jackson was rushed to UCLA Medical Center after experiencing a cardiac arrest. Jackson wasn’t breathing when the ambulance picked him up, and so they had to perform CPR to revive him. He’s in a critical condition.
Update: TMZ and the L.A. Times reported that he passed away, but none of the UCLA doctors nor CNN have confirmed anything. Hopefully he gets well soon.
I got a forwarded email from a friend two days ago and it was titled “Most Beautiful Man In The World.” His name is Sakis Rouva and he’s a Greek singer. I’m usually skeptical about those stuff but after looking at the pictures, I saw where he got those votes from. But then it got me to think: Too good to be true? I decided to YouTube his songs, and that’s where his image had a downward spiral for me. I mean, he looks great in the pictures, but then when you watch him doing all these feminine moves in his dance videos, it takes away the fierce masculinity you see in his pictures. Oh and he definitely looks different in the video compared to the pictures. But then again, that’s just me. What do you think? I’ve posted both the pictures I had from my email and two random YouTube videos of him…
And now time for the videos that killed his image for me…